Work for Dining with Skyler
While I would love to chill and eat with all of you (and we will most certainly eat and chill a lot) please know that these internships require eating and work. I interned a lot in college and rarely ever got to do real hands on work. So if you're looking to grab coffee, organize files in a file cabinet and browse Facebook this isn't for you. But if you want to really get involved and help me build this brand and be treated like a team member/eating companion/friend, this is the right internship for you. I promise you will learn a lot about how to turn a blog into a business, create a brand and work in all areas of the food/entertainment industry. You will also eat a lot of tacos and baked goods from various locations.
Internships for academic credit and free food only.
INTEGRATED MARKETING/BRAND PARTNERSHIPS
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, days available, cover letter and links to all social media accounts. Please answer the following:
List 3 brands you could see Skyler partnering with and why.
Draft a rough outline for a social media campaign with one of those brands. (Let's say the campaign has to do with either Halloween, fall flavors, or Thanksgiving and incorporates a certain number of Instagram posts and blog posts. Use your imagination, be creative! I won't judge you, I promise. And if you think I will, you can judge me for buying 5 boxes of Pop-Tarts just now).
- Researching and making lists of different brands to partner with
- Brand outreach e-mails
- Working with Skyler to plan sponsored content and social media campaigns
- Assisting Skyler with brand integration presentations
- Tracking engagement of social media partnerships
- Must be available at least 1 1/2 days a week (If you have random time slots available, I am open to making that work too)
- Must have marketing and/or advertising experience
- Major in business, marketing or communications (if you have a major kind of like this but called something different, please note that in your e-mail)
- Must have an interest in social media influencer advertising and brand partnerships
- Must have experience with social media campaign work
- If you have any examples, feel free to send a portfolio
- Business experience is a plus!
This is not your average internship, it's more of a freelance photographer job with the perks of filling empty holes in your schedule with food events, free meals, and meeting up with Skyler for food adventures.
Please e-mail email@example.com with your resume, days/time slots available, when you're available to start working, cover letter, photography portfolio, and links to all social media accounts. Please answer the following:
What makes a good food photo? Attach a photo you have taken that you think best demonstrates your photo style..
Do you have any eating restrictions?
I know getting free food to take photos is awesome, but why do you actually want to do this?
If you were in a dimly candle-lit room eating dinner and had to take a beautiful photo of your steak/cake/hopefully not salad, how would you best light it and get the best photo possible?
- Attend restaurant tastings or events for Skyler to take photos
- Attend tastings or events with Skyler to help document the experience
- Random photo assignments (ie: I may need you to go to Central Park with me to take a photo for a project I'm working on. I will buy you a doughnut if this is your assignment.)
- Recipe photoshoot assistance
- Must have a DSLR and at least iPhone 5s
- Must know how to use Dropbox or iCloud
- Must know how to take a great food photo and style food
Web Developer Intern
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, days/time slots available, when you're available to start working, cover letter and links to your website and social media accounts. Please answer the following:
What would you do optimize traffic on the Dining with Skyler website? Why?
- Working on Dining with Skyler website SEO
- Assisting Skyler with @NYCDINING Guide Project
- Managing and updating Pinterest, Tastespotting and Yummly
- Brainstorming with Skyler on ways to increase web presence
- Must know SEO
- Must understand Squarespace
- Must have basic HTML skills
- Must be available at least 1 day a week