This Southwestern chicken mac n’ cheese Cornflake casserole is the ultimate comfort food. Casseroles used to be a very foreign territory for me, but recently I’ve found myself getting super excited by the idea of eating a warm, cheesy casserole in bed while watching Netflix on a cold day. This is perfect for that. But probably better to share with a small family or a group of friends.
- 1 ½ cups chicken, cooked
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese (or pepperjack)
- 1 can cheddar cheese Campbell’s soup
- ½ can cream of chicken Campbell’s soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 cup Cornflake crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the Cornflake crumbs and cup of shredded cheese. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- In a casserole dish, spread a layer of Cornflake crumbs. Pour the macaroni chicken mixture on top of the first layer of Cornflake crumbs and spread the rest evenly on top. Sprinkle the extra shredded cheese for garnish and bake for 30-45 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.
- Let the casserole cool and eat!