Pizza is the perfect summertime dinner because it is amazingly simple and so freaking delicious. However, this Hawaiian BBQ flatbread is more than just your average pizza — it’s a sweet, savory, cheesy, smoky flatbread that will send you over the edge with summertime happiness. Hawaiian pizza is one of the most underrated (and sadly, unappreciated) gems of the pizza world, but I think it deserves some more recognition and maybe even a little bit of revamping. So I ended up fusing together my favorite pizza and my favorite summertime snack, Kettle Brand Hawaiian BBQ chips. Please welcome, with open arms, the Hawaiian BBQ chip pizza.
- 1 flatbread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cups Kettle Brand Hawaiian BBQ Chips
- tomato sauce
- 1 ham steak, grilled
- 3-5 pineapple slices, grilled
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a food processor or blender, crush the Hawaiian BBQ chips into crumbs.
3. Add the oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper to the potato chip mixture and combine.
4. Mix the potato chip mixture and the olive oil.
5. Spread the olive oil mixture evenly onto the flatbread crust and bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
6. Spread tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pineapple, ham and more crushed chips.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.