Grilled cheese sandwiches are probably one of the most reliable foods out there besides pizza, mac 'n cheese, and just naked cheese itself. But sometimes, it's fun to spice up the classic foods that always get just through the hard times. Try these Cheez-It crusted grilled cheese dippers if you're feeling extra naughty. Because they are dippers, they are great to share if you want everyone else to be naughty with you.
- ½ cup Cheez-It crackers, crushed
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 pieces of bread (I used potato)
- 3-4 pieces of sliced cheese (I used American but cheddar and Colby jack are also recommended)
1. Mix the crushed Cheez-It crackers and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
2. Coat both sides of each slice of bread in melted butter. Melt more butter on a skillet on medium heat.
3. Spread the cheddar Cheez-It mixture on both sides of bread and place onto the skillet. (Some of it may fall off but you can put it back on so it cooks and melts onto the bread).
4. Flip the bread after 20 seconds and place the slices of cheese on one piece of bread.
5. Flip the other piece of bread on top of the cheese. Keep flipping the sandwich and adding any leftover cheddar Cheez-It mixture to the bread until the slices are cooked evenly and the cheese begins to melt.
6. Once the sandwich is fully cooked, cut it into slices. Add a side of ketchup and dip!