Stuffed French toast is one of those dishes that sounds so much harder to make than it really is. This Nutella peanut butter banana stuffed french toast is surprisingly easy to make... and if you make it for other people, they will probably like you a lot more than they already do! Highly recommended to serve to loved ones in bed on Sunday morning.
Total time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1 (2 pieces)
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp Nutella
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- cinnamon, to taste
- confectioner's sugar
1. Spread Nutella on one piece of bread and top with banana slices. Spread peanut butter on the other. Make a sandwich and cut in half.
2. Beat together egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Dip the sandwich in the mixture, making sure it covers both sides and edges.
4. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Place sandwich in the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown then flip.
6. Place on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with any remaining banana slices and maple syrup....and maybe some extra Nutella if you're feeling naughty.