Sometimes I want dessert for breakfast and it's problematic. These strawberry shortcake protein pancakes are a way to make my dessert breakfast cravings less problematic and more beneficial to my life because they are very filling. And they taste really damn good.
Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 (5-6 silver dollar pancakes)
- ¾ cup oats
- ½ scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
1) Grind oats into a flour with a food processor or blender. Dump into a bowl.
2) Add vanilla whey protein powder and baking powder. Mix and then sift all the dry ingredients making sure they are blended thoroughly.
3) In a separate bowl, mix together almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
4) Pour the milk mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix in vanilla and agave nectar until blended throughout. Set aside.
5) Spray a pan or skillet with non-stick spray and heat to about medium heat.
6) Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes (until you see bubbles forming and cooked edges) and flip.
7) Transfer the cake to a plate. Spread vanilla greek yogurt onto each pancake.
8) Add a touch of strawberry preserves on top of the Greek yogurt and stack.
9) Repeat for each layer and top with a dollop of strawberry preserves.
Yay! Strawberry shortcake protein pancakes.