A savory way to eat pumpkin this fall
Total time: 1 hour
¼ cup Olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
4 Russet or Yukon Gold Potatoes
Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Make several cuts through each potato with a sharp knife. Avoid cutting all the way down. Rub each potato with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Make sure the oil gets in between the slices.
3. Mix chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic powder and paprika in a separate bowl. Sprinkle mixed spices onto potato and layer with grated or sliced cheese..
5. Bake for 40-50 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked and the cheese has melted.
6. Chop scallions and add into slices.
7. Top with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and cheese.
8. Treat yourself.