Makes 20-25 rolls
1 tbsp Olive Oil
¾ lb Ground Beef, lean
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
½ cup Bread Crumbs
1 tbsp Mustard
1 cup Orange Cheddar Cheese, chopped into small ¼ inch cubes
1 Egg, beat
20-25 Spring Roll Wrappers
1. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. When oil is warm add the onion. Let the onions cook for 5 minutes, until they being to become translucent, stirring often.
2. Add the beef and garlic. Cook for 5-10, stirring to break up the meat and until the meat is nicely browned. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
3. Once beef mixture is slightly cooled, mix in bread crumbs and mustard.
4. To assemble the rolls, lay 1 sheet of spring roll wrapper on your work surface so that it resembles a diamond shape with the corners facing up. Spoon 1 tbsp of beef mixture into the center of the wrapper. Top the beef with a few cubes of the cheese.
5. To roll the spring rolls, fold the top and bottom corners over the filling. Roll one of the sides over the filling. Brush a small amount of the egg on the edge of the wrapper and roll the rest of it into a cylindrical shape, securing the close with the egg wash.
6. Brush the tops of each roll with the egg wash. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
7. Bake rolls according to the package’s instructions. Serve warm with ketchup.